Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Nature of Love - Nature of God

What is love and what is the nature of God?


Image Source

1John 4:7-8


7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. (Emphasis mine)


So given that God is Love, I can know the nature of God through.....


1Corinthians 13 (parenthesis added by me)



 4 Love (GOD) is patient, 
love (GOD) is kind. 
It (GOD) does not envy, 
it (GOD) does not boast, 
it(GOD)  is not proud. 
5 It (GOD) does not dishonor others, 
it (GOD)  is not self-seeking, 
it (GOD) is not easily angered, 
it (GOD) keeps no record of wrongs.
 6 Love (GOD) does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 
7 It (GOD) always protects, 
(GOD) always trusts, 
(GOD) always hopes, 
(GOD) always perseveres.
 8 Love (GOD)  never fails.
 ..........


 13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love (GOD) . But the greatest of these is love (GOD) .


To know God's nature, I look to the nature of love because GOD IS LOVE!








2 comments:

  1. How funny, I see my own language in there. Liefde, it's Dutch :D

    Loves,
    Rowan

    www.redreidinghood.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayer daily is that I can love others as God has loved me! That is pretty hard to measure up to because our flesh instantly wants to make love a conditional thing. God's love is unconditional....while we were sinners....He died for us! I tear up every time I think of that! So nice to have a fellow believer in the blogosphere. Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog! Now following you! Kiah

    ReplyDelete